Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Kidnapping.

Chelsea texted me "Kira, we should kidnap mom tonight and take her somewhere fun" I called her back and we talked about some ideas, but decided to make the decision when she got home (after all she was at school!).  She gets home from school and we decided.

5:30 was arriving and we hurrying to get baskets, blankets, shoes, coats and purses together. Chelsea had the blind-fold in hand. In pulls my Mom... I yell "Chelsea!! Mom's here!! Hurry outside!" She was getting all mixed up and ran upstairs and then downstairs then I yelled "SHE'S COMING!", so she ran back upstairs to get her from behind. I was waiting by the front door and in walks my mom pushing chelsea away, saying "Chelsea. Get Off, You're going to mess up my Hair!" She then notices me holding a basket and blanket, laughing, I said "Mom! Just let her blind-fold you!" She then smiles and says "Okay"

We took her out to the car. She asked if she had to keep the blind-fold on the whole time and we said "yes, say goodbye to your home!". We kept saying things like... "You're never going to see your kids again!" and awful things like that haha- it always makes it more comical when girls say it in a low manly voices too. We pulled into the Cafe Rio parking lot, earlier Chelsea and I had called in our order of my mom's favorite Chicken Breast Salad with their famous cilantro creamy dressing. I went in and grabbed it and then came out and put together our picnic basket all cute. We then drove to a park that overlooked a little stream. Chelsea and I got out of the car, grabbed our big blue blanket and laid it out with our basket in the middle.










We went back and got my mom out of the car and led her blindfolded to the PICNIC FEAST.  Chels took off her blind-fold and she was all smiles. She said that she had just been thinking about wanting a Cafe Rio salad! We then got talking and laughing... and I pulled out some conversations cards (or question cards). Chelsea and I wanted to get to know my mom better. We had some really fun questions and we really did learn a lot about each other. It was fun! We finished up the cards while we took a little walk around the stream. It really was a lot of fun, filled with tears, laughter and lots of love!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that!!! Such a cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had daughters I could only hope they would be like you guys. She will remember and appreciate that forever. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are adorable. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete