Sunday, March 13, 2011

Little Friend

Two Days ago, I went to the library... 3rd Floor (which is the more social area of our Library) and this Mother and her young daughter sat next to me.  The little girl had all of these books and she was sitting quietly next to her mom. I had been in the library for about 3 hours studying for my Basic Muscianship class and was needing a little break...and  right as I was thinking that, the mom tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I could help her with something. SO I did, happy for a break! After I helped her figure out where the "undo button" was I leaned over and started talking to her daughter.
  Now,  you have to picture a cute. little. Asian girl, with pink pants and a white shirt with flowers all over it and the cutest little smile.
     I asked what she was reading and she showed me, I read...  "How to create a card"... I asked if she knew how to make a card and she said " No." and I said "Do you want to learn?"  and OFF WE WENT...
     I taught her how to make paper beads, how to draw a heart, how to make paper braclets, we drew our houses and she taught me how to make a paper envelope.

     It was SO MUCH FUN!! I forgot how much I miss playing with little kids! She was giggling and I was giggling and she said "Now I will have a friend at the Library!! I'll say hi when I see you again" It was sad to see her go after a WHOLE HOUR of highlighter, pen and paper creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment