Saturday, March 26, 2011

Joys of (last) week

I guess now... you will only be hearing from me on Sundays, because I have absolutely no time during the week to write.
This week...
Josie's Family came and visited so this week was filled with all sorts of adventures.

Being a music Major has it's perks. I get free tickets to big events sometimes and I was really lucky this week and got a bunch of free tickets to ALFIE BOE a famous Opera Singer... For those of you who have never heard his work, here is a small sampling, he also sang other songs that were incredibly beautiful.

 It was probably one of the BEST concerts I have EVER been to. He just has this voice that filled the ENTIRE hall. It was touching, beautiful and breathtaking. He could bring the masses to a hault.
I guess he has a new CD and all of these songs were on it, and I want to buy it!!
So a funny story about this, I was waiting for Josie's Family to come and I was talking to my Mom on the phone before we went to the concert. I was sitting on a  little bench upstairs in the Music building and IN WALKS ALFIE BOE! I didn't make a big deal of it, I just smiled, he smiled back and I have to admit, I thought "man, if he wasn't married..." (yea he's a cutie with an english accent). It was pretty cool!
SO then we went to the Lava Hot Springs and we stayed at the Marriott... where we pretended to be vacationing in Hawaii or some place warmer than Rexburg!

Clara and I after waking up to go and eat some "complimentary breakfast"
(I know I don't look so hott, but what can you do after hardly any sleep and you haven't showered)
So we said our goodbyes... which was sad, but then it was time to go home, do some homework and prepare for our group date!
We went to Guitars Unplugged.. It was a lot of fun! We had some Rock n' Roll food and used our handy-dandy conversation cards! It made for some good conversatsion :) Then we went to the the Concert.  

The concert was pretty good, but the dance was even more fun! We did all sorts of dance moves... my date kept things pretty fun, by saying that we should make it so that our feet didn't leave the floor or you couldn't dance outside of your box and he even taught me a nerdy "lemur" dance. haha It reminded me of how the King lemur off of "Madagascar" danced. It was comical. :)
We went back to Sara's apartment and had some dessert and I then helped my date, Alan, move some things for his band and then went home. It was a fun date, I thought.
So then, Sunday rolled along and Josie and I wanted to make some lunch and we had some green bread from St. Patrick's Day earlier in the week and decided to make a late St. Patrick's Day Lunch. It was complete with plates, sprite, and green grilled cheeses.
Well, Until next week... Find happiness in the everyday moments and if you can't, plan something so you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment