Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Proud to be an American!




As many of you may or may not know... two days ago was the day that the 13 colonies (in the 1800's) declared independance from Great Britain. It was a pretty big deal back then and has given Americans the freedom that we have today, which I am SO grateful for.


So to Celebrate this Freedom in our Country, people shoot off fireworks, get together with family and remember/commemorate the lives of those who have died and are still fighting for our freedoms.
I would like to publically thank any of those who have family members or know of someone who is fighting for our Country. I will forever be indebted to them.

1 comment:

  1. Love those pictures, Kira! Way cute!

    I've always been curious why we do fireworks with the 4th of July. Maybe if we had been liberated from China (where they invented fireworks) it might have been a "Take that, The Man!" thing. But it kinda just seems like an excuse to light things on fire and watch them explode. Noooot that I'm complaining... we all know I love fireworks. :)

    ReplyDelete