Sunday, January 9, 2011

Music, Food and Hair

    This week has been so crazy! I had tryouts for the 155 class (which is the beginnings of being a vocal performer)... I was a little nervous, mostly because I am going to be judged by these guys for a long time and if they don't like my voice from the beginning... well you know where that will get me. :) I was pleasantly surprised when I finished and the director told me that he doesn't usually say this to students, but " you have definitely made it into the class and this is really a perfect major for you." That comment alone had me bursting inside! I left with my head held high and feeling a little more confident in my abilities.
   They were quickly smashed the next day when the callbacks for Women's Choir happened. It was so intense... and I'm not gonna to lie, the girl that was over us was rather crazy! She played a series of notes that we were to sing, didn't give us music (which the actual director told her to give to us), and then only played the notes about 10 times... which may seem like a lot, but really it isn't when the notes are really hard. Then she had us sing a solo in front of everyone. It was definitely not my most favorite thing. I left having no idea if I got into the choir or not, but came and checked the sheet the next morning and I MADE IT!!  It was a real relief, because I really didn't want to be in Women's Glee (which is a non-tryout choir and not as prestigious). haha I'm sounding a little snobbish... but I really wanted to be in the women's choir!
Lovely Josie making the tea
      Okay so because I love food and because I love my roommates I have to make mention of what we did this weekend. Annie has a movie called "Coco before Chanel" so we wanted to watch it. We pushed our couches together. Josie had these fabulous cookies that her Grandfather sent with her from home. Then we made a pot of herbal tea, which didn't look so good but tasted really good (it had cinnamon and some other delicious spices). So we ate our cookies and tea while learning more about Coco Chanel's life. It was delightful! 
"In order to be irreplaceable one must be different" - Coco Chanel

So in the movie Coco actually has a really cool "finger curl" hair-do, so we wanted to experiment and see if we could re-create it.. so we stayed up till 2:30 am doing Annie's hair. haha I would say it was worth it! It was actually pretty fun, I have always loved experimenting with hair and Annie is always such a good sport and let's me.

The Finished product (wish I left it in longer, but it was too late)
So that was pretty much my week. It was good :)

2 comments: