During the past couple of weeks I have done numerous things. My roommates and I threw a plaid party, where everyone came dressed in their best plaid. We played games, had good food (cupcakes, chips/salsa, 7up with sherbert ice cream etc.), had a photo booth, and created a wall that people could sign. It really was a night to remember.
But What I REALLY would like to share is that I got to go to our Temple twice this week. For those of you who don't really know what we do in the temple or really what temples are... you have come to the right place. Basically, for me, the temple is a place a refuge, a place that I can go and ponder on things that are happening in my life and honestly the spirit of God is very strong there. Well anyway, in the Book of Mormon there is a chapter from 3 Nephi that I have just grown to love, there is a scripture in there that talks about your light. It says "The light of the body is the eye; if, therefore, thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." I was sitting in the temple and I read that and realized how important it is to SHINE forth and to be HAPPY! It was really good for me to read that this week. Because so often I get so caught up in my life that I don't think that maybe someone will benefit from me being happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment