Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Birthday Wish.

Today is a very special day...
TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!! I'm now 22. I love even numbers and ironically it's my lucky number....  so maybe something lucky will happen to me this year!
I love birthdays. I think that they are such a wonderful day because that means that someone has come into this world for a reason. It gets you wondering why that specific person was put on the earth, doesn't it?
Here's a little excerpt from a Dr. Seuss book... at least I'm not a dusty old jar of Sour Gooseberry jam! :)

If we didn't have birthdays, you wouldn't be you.
If you'd never been born, well then what would you do?
If you'd never been born, well then what would you be?
You might be a fish! Or a toad in a tree! You might be a doorknob!
Or three baked potatoes! You might be a bag full of hard green tomatoes.
Or worse than all that... Why, you might be a WASN'T!
A wasn't has no fun at all.
No, he doesn't. A wasn't just isn't. He just isn't present.
But you... You ARE YOU!
And, now isn't that pleasant!
Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no on alive....
... who is you-er than you!
Shout loud, "I am lucky to be what I am!"
Thank goodness I'm not just a clam or a ham or a dusty old jar of gooseberry jam!
I am what I am! That's a great thing to be!
If I say so myself, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!




Happy Birthday To You!

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard that before! So cute!!!
    It melts of cuteness and therefore reminds me of "Stefanie's Ponytail."

    Happy Birthday! So glad little Kira was born on August 8th, 1990.

    22 is my favourite, too.
    :)

    ReplyDelete