Friday, March 2, 2012

Change.

Change [cheynj] n. 
to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone



Today I have been looking back at my life and all of the things I have done and haven't done, for one reason or another. I recently made some decisions that will change the course of my life and it's way fun and way scary. I decided to definitely go to Hair School after I graduate, I am staying for the Summer Session of school and Graduate in July!!! AND I am going to make a trek to New Zealand and Australia next January with a dear friend of mine!  These decisions did NOT come easy...
You see, Change and I have this Love/Hate relationship.
"Hate" side of the Story:
When change comes knocking at my door I want to hide in my back room and yell "No One is here... and won't be for a long time!" Change makes things different! Sometimes it ends up being a LOT different than I had EVER anticipated.
 Sometimes Change doesn't even knock and simply walks in like he owns the place! What if I had just taken a shower?? That would be way awkward. He can be so rude sometimes. And (speaking metaphorically of course) sometimes I had just taken a shower and was preeetty vulnerable. 

"Love" side of the Story:
  Change. The best thing that has ever happened to me! We met one day and I thought he was a little edgy, but he ended up being really fun and made my life so much more happy. I kind of hated it when he took things away from me, but every time I end up bringing him some warm, gooey chocolate chip cookies in pure gratitude!

So.. Moral of the two stories--- When change comes "knocking" on your door of comfort, let him in. Maybe he'll make things better for you. Because you just never know. And let's be honest, that's why a lot of us don't want to change, because sometimes you just got out of the shower!   haha! But just take a chance, it can't hurt... too bad.

1 comment:

  1. When New Zealand gets closer, talk to us. Christians parents live there 6 months of the year...they might have some great advice for you.
    I love change...sounds like you have made the most of all your change, you have so much to look forward to.
    Love you Kira!
    LL

    ReplyDelete