Sunday, November 20, 2011

Broken Leg..

haha Just Kidding! I actually overstressed my tendon and had to wear this clunker for TWO WEEKS!



Here are some things I learned from wearing a boot...


#1 When you wear brighly colored socks, people don't pay attention to your boot, they just comment on your sock.

#2 I learned what it was like to walk like the Hunchback of Notre Dame... walking lopsided is no fun. Although some people just think you're trying to be straight-up G... So I guess that could be cool haha

#3 When people ask why you are wearing a boot... just say "What boot?" (throws them off everytime!)

#4 Don't wear it to a ward halloween skating activity... some people might think it's a part of your costume or you are wearing it to get out of going skating. haha

#5 When you walk on an unlevel surface it makes it a lot easier to trip

#6 Time to get places nearly doubles... so plan for a leisurely walk to every class

#7 The only kind of dancing you can do is country... kick your leg out and pump your fists down, and you are now a true country dancer!

#8 People can hear you from a mile away. You just can't escape the "Clunk"

#9 Sometimes the boot starts to give you wierd rub-rashes and bruises, so to prevent this get yourself some makeup pads and they work like magic. (a little tip from my "canadian-ice-skating" friend, Josie)

#10 People couldn't help but to look at my boot... so I just embraced it. I learned to laugh a little when I saw people trying to be discreet and just smiled at them!

2 comments:

  1. In a strange way...I kinda miss that boot of yours. so many adventures were had in that fabulous black boot!

    Hope your foot starts feeling better soon!

    But hey! Imagine if we got to start "wheelchair days." Now, that could be fun. Races, perhaps? Elevator riding picnics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. did you notice you posted at exactly 11:11. How magical is that!

    ReplyDelete