Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Acrobats.

     This weekend my sisters came and visited. It was such a nice weekend-- filled with laughter, antique stores, picture taking, good food, nail painting, long talks AND The Golden Dragon Acrobats. 

The Golden Dragon Acrobats were quite amazing. Those people are so so talented and worked way hard to accomplish the things that they presented to us. Something was brought to my mind when one of the men shared his great accomplisment.
We'll call him the Chair man. This man started with one chair and gradually worked his way up this stack of about 11 chairs, showing his strength each step of the way. He would hold onto the sides of the chair and point his legs STRAIGHT in the air. Every chair added to the stack, Nicole and I let out little yelps of nervousness.  But when he added the last chair we looked on with great anticipation...

   

As I watched him reach this incredible feight, I thought "You know... I am the only person that limits myself from doing anything as grand as this. I can accomplish anything that I put my mind to. Really." It takes time and A LOT of hard work, but that is what seperates you from other people.. don't you think?

So whether you want to be a Chinese Acrobat, or to be a better person-- You can accomplish it, if you put your mind to it.

 Just take it step by step, point your toes straight in the air, keep moving and before you know it you will be at the top of your accomplishments, looking back with absolutely no regrets.    


1 comment: